TechnoCenter at the University of Maribor was established in 2005 as a Technology Transfer Office. Its mission is to provide services for promoting and supporting technology and knowledge transfer, thus contributing to national and especially regional economic development.
The most important goals include:
- transfer of knowledge and new technologies to industry;
- greater diversity of research activities and increased support for research at faculties;
- creating innovation culture;
- protection and management of intellectual property;
- connecting industry and public research organizations in order to achieve greater synergy.
TechnoCenter UM works as an interface between university research area, industry, state and other persons and institutions concerned. Key competences can be divided into three sections:
- Technology transfer and commercialization of innovations.
- Professional and administrative support for different forms of research collaboration (contracts, grants, and other initiatives) between sides mentioned above.
- Development of business and research partnership between University and organizations from private or public sector (spin-off companies, licensing, etc.).
Supporting activities to key competences are:
- Commercializations of inventions.
- Protection of intellectual property.
- Providing assistance to spin-out and/or spin-off companies.
- Assisting in obtaining venture capital.